DIY Accent Pillow With Burlap Ribbon
Welcome to my first share at The Ribbon Roll! I used several widths of burlap ribbon to create a cute fall accent pillow.
This little accent pillow fits in perfectly with all of your fall or rustic decor. Weaving together the black and white ribbon creates a fun fall plaid.
I used the following unwired ribbons:
1. Cut strips of ribbon about 1 inch longer than pillow form. To create my grid I used 4 for each direction. Line up as many as will fit the width of the fusible web, Wonder Under, and iron on.
2. Cut apart each strip and set aside.
3. Using the wide burlap cut a piece about 1″ larger than you pillow form all the way around.
4. Peel all the Wonder Under paper off of the strips and weave to create your grid. Iron to keep your grid in place.
5. Place your backing piece on top of the grid.
6. Trim so both are the same size.
7. Put wrong sides together.
8. Sew together leaving a spot open to put in your pillow form, turn right side out and put in the pillow form. Sew the opening closed by hand.
If you are a sewer this is super easy and fun to make…and if you are not a sewer this is a good project to get started with!
By Michele Kosciolek