Simple DIY Ruffled Ribbon Flower
Whenever I wrap a gift, I’m always thinking about different ways I can embellish the package beyond a traditional bow.
My latest gift wrap obsession is pretty ribbon flower package toppers. The floral inspired ribbon flowers are really simple to make and a fun and unexpected way to top off a gift.
Let me show you how easy it is to make this Ribbon Flowers.
You’ll need the following supplies….
• Approx. 2 1/2 yards per flower
• Hot Glue Gun
• Decorative Button or Vintage Jewelry Piece
Start by cutting a 2” diameter circle from your cardstock. Cut one circle for each flower you’ll be making.
Using your hot glue gun, glue one end of the ribbon onto the cardstock circle and begin to fold the ribbon into ruffles and glue the inner edge onto the cardstock.
Continue ruffling and gluing, coiling the ribbon in towards the center of the paper circle base. When you reach the center of the flower, glue the end of the ribbon down.
Once you have all the ribbon attached to your backer piece, add a dab of glue in the center of the flower and glue your button or decorative bead in place. It’s that easy friends.
I used my ribbon flowers as decorative toppers on wrapped gifts.
Once you’ve made one ribbon flower, you’ll find yourself making lots more and using them in all kinds of fun ways. Here are some other ideas to spark your creativity….
• Glue flowers to a stretchable hair ties and use them as napkin rings or a hair embellishment.
• Attach a metal hair clip to the back of the cardstock and clip the flowers onto the edge of tote bag.
• Glue flowers onto a picture frame to embellish the corners.
• Dress up a plain lampshade with a few ribbon flowers glued on the edge of the shade.
By Shelly Dozier-McKee